More sad news from Parker Stair.

Forum for class members.

Moderator: Tony Pagano

More sad news from Parker Stair.

Postby Tony Pagano » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:18 pm

It is with tremendous sorrow that I report the passing of class member Terry Richardson. Terry passed on August 30, 2005. Terry brought joy and laughter into many lives. Those of us lucky enough to spend time with Terry learned the importance of sharing good times together and the bonds of friendship. Terry was a tremendous athlete, yet few knew. While the rest of us were playing stick and ball sports, Terry was becoming a master at all sorts of waterski activities. Few knew that Terry could barefoot waterski, perform a multitude of tricks on a trick ski, touch his shoulder to the water on a slalom ski and ride anything including a boat paddle. Later he became an accomplished golfer. His self-deprecating style never showed a glimpse of his inner determination and pride.

The receiving of friends is Thursday night, November 3, 2005, at Highland Memorial from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Terry would want everyone to know that at the time of his death he was saved by our Lord Jesus Christ. Terry's spiritual maturity and understanding may surprise some of you. However, Terry was as accomplished in prayer as he was at waterskiing. Full of surprises, even in death, Terry Richardson, will be missed dearly by those who loved him.

Parker Stair

P.S. -- On a purely personal note, it is now clear that I was looking for someone like Terry to come along in my life when we became close friends the summer of 1977. We shared a love for waterskiing, snow skiing and anything we could do to make people laugh. In retrospect, had Terry Richardson not come into my life, I would not have become driven to build my career around snow and water sports. I am eternally grateful to Terry and his parents L.B. and Betty for the investments they made in my life. As parents of teenagers, never underestimate the impact you have on your children's' friends.
Tony Pagano

Return to Bearden Class of 1978